President & CEO
LocationLa Crosse, WI
Posted OnSeptember 10, 2021
Experience Level10+ Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
The QTI Group is partnering with Aptiv to hire a new President and CEO. The President and CEO of Aptiv and the Aptiv Foundation will lead a committed, mission-focused staff to provide exceptional programs and services to support individuals with disabilities throughout Wisconsin. With an eye towards the future, this person will bring extensive knowledge about issues and services of importance to individuals with disabilities, and a focus for year over year growth through exceptional programs and services, fiscal management, and effective fundraising. The President & CEO will ensure the mission, vision and values of the organization guide the daily actions and decisions. They will serve as a strong face of the organization around the state, as well as nationwide, as a forward-thinking leader with the ability to advocate for individuals with disabilities and to lead through times of unexpected challenge, as seen through the Covid-19 pandemic. They will be committed to building and maintaining relationships with key partners in the many communities served throughout Wisconsin and beyond, including corporate and individual supporters, partner associations, peer social service organizations, and public leaders and educators. They will maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and standards to ensure compliance.
This person will lead a Culture Leadership Team with respect, flexibility, and trust, providing the tools and support through professional development, effective technology, and mentorship for staff and board to serve the agency’s mission with the highest integrity. This role serves and reports to both the Aptiv Board and the Aptiv Foundation Board. The President & CEO will keep them apprised of important activities and strategic initiatives to ensure a cohesive partnership between staff and boards. Direct reports to the position include an Executive Assistant, as well as the leaders of the following functional areas: Finance, Program Operations, Marketing/Communications, Development, Human Resources, Community-Based Employment, and Area Services Directors.
The President & CEO will reside in the La Crosse area and be committed to active involvement in the community as the representative of Aptiv.
For more information about Aptiv’s programs and services, please see: https://www.aptiv.org/
· Lead the alignment of the work with the mission vision and values of the organization to benefit persons with disabilities in the communities served.
· Identify opportunities to expand Aptiv’s role as a statewide service provider, resource, and advocate for persons with disabilities throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
· Keep up to date on national and local trends impacting services and support for people with disabilities to serve as a subject matter expert.
· Ensure data collection, analysis, and reporting to show the reach and impact of programs and to support continuous improvements to programming consistent with Aptiv’s mission.
Partner Development and Relationships
· Serve as a spokesperson and ambassador for Aptiv in the community and nationally to continue to be a leading-edge voice in the dissemination of community-based programs and services for people with disabilities.
· Ensure collaborative relationships with Aptiv’s community, and academic, health care, and government partners.
· Ensure equitable partnerships with organizations representing people who are underserved and communities of color.
Administrative Oversight of Operations
· Ensure Board and staff compliance with governance bylaws as established by the Aptiv Board of Directors.
· Provide fiscal oversight operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and ensuring the financial strength of Aptiv into the future.
· Work closely with the Foundation on the management of Aptiv’s facilities around the state.
· Assist in the selection of appropriate vendors and help manage contracts.
· Manage relationships with external business support partners such as accountants and attorneys in partnership with the culture leadership team leaders.
· Ensure that the overall operations of Aptiv are run in a manner that shows a commitment to diversity and respect for staff and partners.
· Ensure the reach of programs for engagement of underrepresented groups by race, culture, and economics.
· Oversees programming and services in partnership with the culture leadership team to stay informed about ways newer technology can support participants; strive to use technology that will better support their work.
Personnel Leadership & Management
· Lead and support staff to provide programs and services to enhance the wise use of resources; ensure all aspects of operations are run with integrity and efficiency.
· Ensure the development and implementation of effective HR practices including hiring, training, performance appraisal, efforts towards diversity, equity and inclusion, and team building.
· Promote a flexible work environment that builds and maintains trust and equity, welcoming diversity of thought and personalities.
· Hire, terminate, and regularly review performance of nine direct reports.
· Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to ensure all staff are supported to do their best work; provide opportunity for continual performance improvement.
· Foster a creative and innovative environment to encourage new ideas and uphold a willingness to fail forward in an effort to improve services.
· Continue the efforts to prioritize conversations and education around inherent bias and racism in the organization and the communities served.
Financial Oversight and Performance
· Provide fiscal oversight from development of budgets to monitoring revenue and expenses for maximum value and operating results, ensuring the financial strength of Aptiv into the future.
· Develop and diversify revenues necessary to support Aptiv’s mission.
· Secure federal and state grants, private and corporate donations in partnership with the Development team, making certain any such support meets the mission and bylaws of the organizations.
· Work with the Development Director to identify and direct all fund development programs and activities; secure new agency and individual donors to diversify funding sources and plan fundraising events.
· Provide timely financial reports to Finance Committees and Boards of Directors.
· Work with accountants and auditors to ensure fiscal oversight, management and solvency, and aid with the annual audit in partnership with the Finance leader and Boards of Directors.
· Work with Aptiv Board President and the Aptiv Foundation’s Board President to set agendas for Board meetings and participate in Board meetings.
· Harness the wealth of talent and the collective knowledge of board members to creatively and proactively serve the mission and the families of those with disabilities.
· Communicate effectively with the Board and provide timely and accurate information and reporting necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed strategic decisions.
Qualification, Skills and Experience Required
· Proven ability to manage and lead a strategic planning process; ensure the strategies are effectively implemented and success metrics are assessed through regular reviews.
· Bachelor’s degree in non-profit administration, human services, public health, business, or other related discipline; Master’s degree in one of these disciplines preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of rehabilitation and related areas of human services.
· Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities in a nonprofit organization that partners with government agencies and community partners to ensure success.
· Prior experience successfully working with and reporting to a Board of Directors.
· Solid organizational abilities, including strategic planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
· Knowledge and experience in change management.
· Ability to “sell” ideas to an organization.
· Expertise in fund development, including major gifts fundraising, private and corporate donor development and public grants.
· Proven ability to successfully develop and manage a budget.
· Experience in marketing or public relations.
· Ability to travel frequently within the state to communities served by Aptiv and occasional travel out-of-state.
· Advocacy experience with government agencies and legislature, preferred.
· Prior experience with programs and services serving people with disabilities, preferred.
· Mission-Focused: Possesses a sincere and clear passion for serving people with disabilities and their families.
· Relationship-Oriented: Astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to ensure best practices and to foster trust at all levels.
· Strong Communicator: Exceptional oral and written communication and relationship management skill with and among board, staff, and community partners locally, regionally, and nationally.
· Collaborative: Meaningfully engages staff and partners for improved and continuous programming and services.
· Results-Driven: Dedicated to exceptional quality of data and information provided; committed to the attainment of shared and measurable goals.
· Brand Steward: Embodies the role of growing and protecting Aptiv’s strong reputation, providing subject matter expertise; comfortable with public speaking as the face of Aptiv.
· Problem Solver: Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and to gather and analyze information skillfully to make sound decisions.
· Team-Builder: Supports and respects the staff; fosters commitment, trust, and unified goals among all. Listens, supports, and encourages others to hold one another accountable for team successes without micromanaging.
· Continual Learner: Natural interest in adapting and staying current with changes in the healthcare and legislative environment; creates opportunities for learning for staff and board.
· Technologically-savvy: Possesses an appetite for employing new technology to better enable staff and services
· Action-oriented: Able to keep initiatives moving forward at a pace that meets the needs of the disabled community.
· Innovative: Possesses a creative and aspirational approach when thinking about programs and services. Creates and embraces new ideas and strategies to better serve the disabled community.
· Empathetic: Understanding of the challenges facing adults and students, and their families, with the ability to manage it.
Aptiv has exclusively retained The QTI Group to conduct the search for their new President & CEO. The QTI Group is a comprehensive human resources advisory services firm founded in 1957. QTI is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and has four branch offices throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position are invited to submit their resume to: https://tinyurl.com/AptivCEO
Inquiries may be submitted to The QTI Group at the email or phone number listed below.
Jennifer Winding, Executive Search Director
Deborah Best, Recruiting Consultant
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.