Chief Executive Officer
Posted OnJuly 12, 2017
Experience Level10+ Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
ACHIEVA envisions a community where disability is a distinction that makes no difference. The agency provides high quality, innovative home and community based services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and autism, and their families. ACHIEVA provides early intervention services, vocational and employment services, residential and recreational services, advocacy, and family support. ACHIEVA also focuses on helping individuals and families with disabilities plan for their future with special needs trusts.
ACHIEVA advances its mission through five subsidiaries. Each subsidiary has a Board that reports to the ACHIEVA Board of Trustees. The subsidiaries are, ACHIEVA Family Trust, ACHIEVA Support, The Arc of Greater Pittsburgh (serving Allegheny and Beaver Counties), The Arc of Westmoreland (serving Westmoreland County), and ACHIEVA Resource.
ACHIEVA’s headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, PA, with 3 satellite offices in Monaca, PA, Greensburg, PA, and Erie, PA. ACHIEVA is governed by a 22-person Board of Trustees. The CEO reports to the ACHIEVA Board of Trustees which oversees ACHIEVA’s strategic priorities, evaluates subsidiaries’ effectiveness, and provides financial oversight of all subsidiaries. The CEO has four direct reports: Senior Vice President for ACHIEVA Support, Executive Vice President, President of the ARC of Greater Pittsburgh at ACHIEVA, and President of ACHIEVA Family Trust.
The annual budget of all 6 subsidiaries is approximately $45 million.
ACHIEVA’s next CEO will:
• Be the public voice of ACHIEVA and build upon the organization’s reputation as a respected and trusted leader in the disabilities field; lead and participate actively in efforts to elevate external stakeholders’ understanding of ACHIEVA’s impact on the lives of people with disabilities
• Advocate passionately with a dominant voice for the rights and support needs of people with disabilities and their families; keep abreast of policy decisions that impact people with disabilities, and ensure that ACHIEVA remains a leader in advocating for people with disabilities
• Foster an organizational culture that is innovative and forward thinking while still being compassionate and communicative
• Work closely with the senior leadership team to advance ACHIEVA’s strategic priorities in a manner that reflects organizational values and the needs of the communities ACHIEVA serves; ensure that the agency adapts swiftly, efficiently and effectively to changes in the external landscape
• Seek opportunities for growth and strengthen ACHIEVA’s business model by leveraging ACHIEVA’s programs, accomplishments, and stature in the field
• Provide strategic management and fiscal leadership that supports current programs and services, increases revenue, and ensures continued financial health
• Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, the Board of Trustees, partners, and stakeholders, including governmental entities
• Assess existing partnerships and relationships, and cultivate and grow relationships with key external stakeholders
Ideal candidates for this position will demonstrate an ability to quickly integrate into the community and serve as an engaged, inspiring, innovative, and visionary leader. Candidates will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to ACHIEVA, including:
• Demonstrated commitment to and compassion for individuals with disabilities and their families; must be empathetic and demonstrate stellar emotional intelligence; must lead with humility
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing large, innovative and cutting edge programs and practices; demonstrated “outside-the-box” thinking
• Must be knowledgeable about state and federal policies that impact ACHIEVA’s work; must have the ability to distill the interests and needs of persons with disabilities, and to interpret state policies to understand how they will affect programs on the ground
• Strong business acumen including strong financial management and contract negotiation skills. Must have experience managing budgets of at least $15-20M. Experience managing umbrella entities/organizations with subsidiaries a plus.
• Strong fundraising record with an emphasis on experience with government grants and contracts, and foundation and corporate support. Demonstrated experience initiating and implementing private fundraising campaigns
• Demonstrated experience developing long-term partnerships with the corporate sector and government agencies/officials
• Must be a masterful communicator and excellent listener with strong ability to build trust among a wide range of constituents
• Solid management skills. Must demonstrate an inclusive leadership and management style that encourages staff in ways that motivate them to perform at their best, and provides opportunities for professional advancement
• At least 15 years of senior leadership/management experience, with some of this experience being in the IDD field
To apply, e-mail your resume, a cover letter that explains how your skills align with the requirements above, and salary requirements to: ACHIEVA@raffa.com (e-mail applications are required). For other inquiries, contact Ginna Goodenow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume reviews begin immediately.
ACHIEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.