Come join our dynamic, trans-disciplinary team at Easter Seals Hawaii! We are seeking a Special Educator to join our Early Intervention team in Hilo, Hawaii.
The Special Educator is responsible for the planning and implementation of educational developmentally appropriate services for infants/toddlers with special needs in a trans-disciplinary model of service delivery. Requires home visits and visits to other community program sites.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive developmentally appropriate program
• Participates as an evaluator and member of a multidisciplinary team to determine eligibility for Early Intervention services.
• Provides Care Coordination services, if selected by the family.
• Plans and prepares activities, projects, and materials for children, which incorporate communication skills, motor skills (gross/fine), adaptive skills, cognitive skills, and social emotional/personal social skills, utilizing a Trans disciplinary approach.
• Provides special instruction services
• Provides consultation to General Educator as specified on the child’s IFSP
• Provides home program activities and strategies to family and team members
• Provides ongoing monitoring of child and family’s needs and assists with linking the child and family to appropriate resources as needed.