EXCITING OPPORTUNITY for an experienced BCBA to build on a successful ABA clinical practice, help children with autism, and enjoy a Colorado Rocky Mountain lifestyle!
Ascendigo enhances the lives of individuals across the autism spectrum and lifespan. Headquartered in the beautiful and welcoming Roaring Fork Valley near Aspen, Colorado, we offer innovative programs across multiple settings which attract clients with autism locally and nationwide. As a growing non-profit, we wish to increase our Outreach capacity to better serve the clinical and behavioral needs of our rural community. We seek a full time Outreach Director with 5 or more years experience in the autism/IDD field as a certified BCBA to lead this effort. This full time position reports to the President/CEO and offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and opportunities for professional development.
* Coordination, oversight, development and growth of Ascendigo's Outreach initiatives including budgeting and financial management of the department.
* Intakes of prospective clients; client evaluations and progress monitoring; school consultations; client scheduling; supervision of in-home and school-based ABA therapy.
* Hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and scheduling behavioral staff; supervising BCBA candidates.
* Conducting and arranging for workshops, lectures, speakers and trainings for parents, staff, and the public; developing community partners.
* Overseeing social skills groups.
* On-going curriculum development with autism clients.
* Monitoring billing and setting of fee schedules. Managing billing through third party payers (e.g., insurance companies, Medicaid waivers, schools).
* Collaborating with the behavioral specialists across Ascendigo's programs and our BCBA/OT consultants at Thrive Autism Collaborative.
* Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) with supervisor qualifications by the BACB.
* Master’s degree or higher in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Special Education, Psychology, or related field.
* Minimum five years clinical experience providing direct behavioral (ABA) services to children or adults with autism, with at least 2 years experience as a clinical supervisor/consultant.
* Understanding of ABA and Naturalistic Developmental Behavior Intervention Models and experience with autism intervention strategies such as Pivotal Response Training, Early Start Denver Model and Positive Behavior Supports.
* Knowledge of insurance / 3rd party funding systems; familiar with or willing to learn technical systems like Code Metro/NPA Works, Catalyst, and Microsoft Office.
* In-depth knowledge of home-based ABA programs, early learning curriculum and the application of behavioral principles to increase a wide range of functional repertoires for individuals with autism.
* Exceptional leadership, supervisory, family and school communications, and program development skills.
* Adherence to Ascendigo employee policies such as background checks and CPR. Valid drivers license and safe driving record. Use of own vehicle with adequate insurance.