The Arc Baltimore is seeking an exceptional Executive Director who has a personal and professional passion and commitment to serving individuals of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families throughout Baltimore, Maryland. The Executive Director must resonate with The Arc Baltimore’s mission and possess a commitment to excellence in advancing the organization, providing sound fiscal management, and sustaining positive relationships with the Board of Directors, community partners, and key constituencies.
Dedicated to providing advocacy and high quality, life-changing supports in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, The Arc Baltimore (The Arc) supports more than 6,000 adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. The Arc Baltimore is governed by a 23-member board of directors. The organization’s current budget is approximately $50M, and The Arc Baltimore employees more than 800 full- and part-time staff at eight major facilities and 100+ owned and leased residential sites in the Baltimore metropolitan area. For more information, see www.thearcbaltimore.org.
The Executive Director reports to the board of directors, provides direction and leadership for the organization’s mission and vision, represents and speaks for the organization and its work, and oversees the implementation of the organization’s strategic and annual plans. The Executive Director will direct the organization’s leadership team and ensure that services and programs are achieved in a financially sound manner. The Executive Director will demonstrate strong personal and strategic leadership and integrity. S/he will have a proven track record of implementing a strategy to assess and meet current community needs, identify evolving needs, and evaluate progress and quality.
Ideal candidates for this position will reflect The Arc Baltimore’s core values and will demonstrate an ability to quickly integrate into the community and serve as an engaged, inspiring, innovative, and visionary leader. Candidates will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to The Arc Baltimore, including:
• A strong passion for the mission of The Arc Baltimore, experience in and understanding of intellectual and developmental disabilities, and serving individuals and families;
• Ten or more years’ executive (C-Suite) level nonprofit management experience in a similar environment;
• Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact with diverse audiences with an executive presence;
• Business acumen and experience with administrative and fiscal management, budgeting, and operations;
• Visionary, entrepreneurial spirit that engages stakeholders in addressing strategic issues and is open to innovative approaches; ability to navigate and implement impactful change;
• An inspiring, empowering, and inclusive leadership style with a successful track record of collaboratively managing and supporting staff;
• Strong understanding of the CMS Final Rule, Employment First Initiative, and state developmental disabilities agencies; understanding of Maryland State Developmental Disabilities Administration helpful;
• Experience with state and federal funding, Medicaid, and private fundraising;
• Experience working with a Board of Directors and developing engaged and effective governance;
• Charismatic, trustworthy, compassionate, ethical, politically savvy leadership with a sense of humor; and
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (or higher) in Business, Health Administration, Mental Health, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Special Education or related field preferred.
For a full list of the position's roles and responsibilities, please go to: https://www.raffa.com/nonprofitsearch/currentsearches/documents/arcbaltimore.pdf