Full Time, Part Time and On-Call Positions
Available on all Shifts in the Lafayette area
Are you compassionate and caring?
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others?
We have the perfect opportunity as a Caregiver (Direct Support Professional) for you with Indiana MENTOR. Our Direct Care team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Indiana MENTOR, you’ll support individuals we serve in day and residential settings. We seek a compassionate person to:
• Provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning; medication administration; and personal care.
• Facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities.
• Partner with clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
What we require of you:
• Must be minimum of 18 years of age
• Able to pass written interview (no GED or high school diploma required)
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Must be able to lift minimum of 25 pounds
• Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
• Full and Part time schedules available; PRN/On Call shifts available
• Career development and advancement opportunities
• Competitive pay rates; paid training; mileage reimbursement
• Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
• A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
• Access to employee discounts with various vendors
• A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Previous experience is not necessary - Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Initial Training Requirement--Paid Training:
Approximately 40 hours of mandatory paid training sessions are offered to new employees prior to providing care to individuals.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.