Garden Center Services
March 6, 2017
Commensurate with Experience
Garden Center Services supports 140 adults with developmental disabilities in the south Chicago suburbs. We provide high quality services with a hands-on and fully supportive leadership team. Some of these services include 24/7 residential supports, intermittent residential supports, as well as center and community based employment.
We’re now hiring a Day and Vocational Services Director to oversee operations. One program is in Burbank and serves 100 people. An additional program is in South Chicago and supports 40 people. We’re looking for the right person to move our programs into a more fully community integrated curriculum with an increased focus on community employment.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Supervise program staff, including 2 managers and 2 case managers, by providing direction, input, and feedback
• Prepare departmental budgets and ensure budgetary compliance
• Ensure needs are being met and quality services are being provided
• Ensure services are person-centered and progressive
• Participate in interviewing and on boarding process for all new staff
• Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization, as well as all relevant legislation and professional standards
• Desire to remain current in advances in our field and desire to grow within a great company
• Ability to create a culture where people love to come to work
• Ability to be creative and motivate a great staff toward an increasingly progressive and person centered focus
• Must have at least 1 year of experience running day programs for adults with developmental disabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services or related field preferred
• Must be able to positively impact and lead a team with a clear vision
• Must possess the ability to creatively problem solve
• Ideal candidate will have an optimistic outlook and a good sense of humor
• Must be PACE eligible (good driving history)
• Q Qualified is a plus
• Experience with supported employment is a plus
• Experience with department of labor regulations is a plus• Thorough knowledge of BALC Rule 119 and BQM survey standards is a plus
This is a full time position (40 hours per week). This position involves local travel, and is based out of our Burbank office.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a cover letter detailing your experience as a supervisor in a day program setting.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.
Disability Scoop Jobs is for use by individual job seekers and employers who are recruiting. Republishing or re-posting of job ads and other content on this site is prohibited.